ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to the annual bear maulings in Ovando, we have decided to make some changes to location and times. See below.
When: Campout starts Fri August 12th (VM’s Bday) & Hash is Sat the 13th and ends Sun the 14th
Hares: Schweatty Beaver, Just Katy, & Just Taylor
- From Missoula Area: West bound on I-90, take the DeBorgia Exit #18 and travel south under the interstate to the Deer Creek Road #236.
- From Spokane/Coeur d’ Alene Area: East bound on I-90, take the DeBorgia Exit #18 and turn right to the Deer Creek Road #236.
- At Deer Creek Road #236 (or the T Intersection) turn right and travel approximately 2.5 miles, crossing the St. Regis River. Dispersed camping area is located on your right.
Updated Pre-lube: Saturday, August 13th at 11:00am
Updated Chalk-Talk: Saturday, August 13th at 12:00pm
Updated On-Out: Saturday, August 13th at 12:30pm
Trail: Turkey/Eagle split, Dog friendly (Make sure your dog is friendly with all other dogs and hashers)
Hash Cash: $30. Covers Saturday Beer, non-beer, and Dinner; and Sunday morning Breakfast. (Optional $10 upgrade for Fri Fajita dinner & Sat B-fast Burrito)
Bring: Camping gear (drop off your tent at Grasworx Mon, August 8th to Wednesday August 10th to help with the claiming. Msg via Facebook Vagina Mouth or Schweatty Beaver for Grasworx address.), Your own food & drink if cuming Friday, seasonally appropriate clothing, drinking vessel, whistle, cranial light, NON-expired bear spray, and of course LOW expectations. This is big bear country and we will be doing our best to keep the bears away (so we can be more bare naked!). We need your help, this campout will be an orgy event! We will have a list of possible mismanaged dooties available at the campsite.
Friday, Aug 12th:
- Possible Expired Bear Spray demonstration @ random times far far away from camp
- *Optional Beef/Chicken/Veg Fajita dinner upgrade $5 @ 7:30pm
- Party time! VM is turning 45 – what?!
Saturday, Aug 13th
- *Optional Pre-made Egg/Bacon/Cheese/Potato Burrito upgrade $5 @ 9:30am (Non-bacon avail)
- 11:00 am Hash Time!
- Italian Dinner @ 7:00pm
- Circle up around a most likely fake campfire
- Midnight Naked (& Afraid ?) Run
Sunday, Aug 14th
- Breakfast burrito station @ 9:30am
- Pack up camp
- Optional day trip to Crystal Lake
- Drive/Carpool 3.5 miles up to the trailhead
- Hike 3.1 miles to lake; 1,305 ft elevation change, 1.5-2 hrs depending on speed, out & back each way
- Stay as long as we want, dogs allowed off leash in most parts, swimming, exploring, hammocking, etc.
- Optional no-host dinner at The Hideout in De Borgia before driving home. Closes @ 11:00pm
- St Regis: Gas, ice, lots of food options
- Haugan: Exxon, 5000 Silver Dollar Inn food
- De Borgia: The Hideout bar & grill for food, maybe ice